7.23.2009

In which Mama gets some dancin' shoes.

Today is my mother's birthday. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!) In honor of her birthday, she took the day off work, and we hit up the outlet mall. Of course, potential wedding purchases were brought to mind. (I mean, isn't that the best way to justify a great new something?)

We wanted to find her a slammin' dress since she's not much of a fan of the bridal salons' mother-of-the-bride dresses, but we weren't having much luck. We did, however, find these:


source

We figure these lovely brown shoes will go with any dress she chooses. I have requested she look for a dress in either slate blue or sage green, since they are supposed to be our accent colors, but I don't really have any plans for these colors yet. The best thing about these shoes, though - other than the fact that they're super cute on my momma, and the heel is tall enough for pictures but not too tall to kill my rarely wears heels mother - is the fact that the heel is thick enough for my mom to walk through grass without sinking. Our ceremony will most likely be outdoors, so sinking into the ground is a big worry.

So, what do you think? Is it crazy to buy the shoes before the dress? I think they're great and I'm glad to have some progress made on my mom's ensemble.

Now, I just need to find some cute heels that won't sink for me to wear, too.

1 comment:

  1. Eh, I wouldn't say crazy for the mother of the bride since let's face it, everyone will be looking at you. As long as you're stuck on your colors, it should be fine. They are cute!

    ReplyDelete