8.07.2009

Mother May I...

... marry on a day in May?


source: once wed

Ever since becoming a fan of weddingbee (or weddings in general), I have always wanted to have a fall wedding. I love details like these:


source: once wed


source: once wed


source: once wed


source: style me pretty.


source: style me pretty.

and thought that in order to have a rustic wedding with deep hues, it had to be in the fall - or late summer at least.

I always pictured Spring weddings to be full of Easter pastels and fluffy, frilly flowers. Somehow, I got it in my mind that the only weddings that were not what I viewed as "typical" were ones that included elements that could only be used in the fall.

However, many of these weddings in the photos, you may notice, include trees. With leaves on them. Green leaves. Not Autumn, just about to fall off, leaves.

Newsflash, Laura: the word you are looking for and the thing these photos have in common is rustic, not fall.

Well, I'm getting married in May.

My wedding will be rustic.
It is in the woods with ancient log cabins.
My colors include gold and deep burgundy.
My flowers will not be pastel nor will they be "fluffy".
The leaves on the trees will be big and beautiful and green.
My wedding will be Rustic.
And, my wedding will fit perfectly in May.
thankyouverymuch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment