9.01.2009

Chalk it up!

One detail that I want desperately to feature in our big day but am not sure if it will work out is chalkboards! These babies aren't just for the classroom anymore - check out how many ways they can be used in weddings:

Menus:


source.


source.
this one is from weddingbee user ktlee's wedding - which had so many amazing details!


source.

Table numbers:


source.

You can purchase some of these super cute table number chalkboards for $2.50 each here.

Seating chart:


source.

Photo art:


source.


source.


source.

And if you want even more ideas, this site provides ideas and instructions for including chalkboard details in your own wedding.

To be honest, these are all such great ideas that I don't even know where to begin including chalkboards into my own wedding. I love the menu idea, and I think having one big menu board would make more sense for our buffet style dinner than menu cards on the tables, but I love all the other ideas, too! If you included a chalkboard (or if you already are!), what are you using it/them for?

3 comments:

  1. You should totally find some way to incorporate. I devoted two whole posts to chalkboards. I found some really cute mini ones at JoAnns & I'm currently trying to figure out what to write on them.

    One thing I've learned- trying using a thin tip white paint marker if you want to get fancy with the writing. I know it's permanent, but it looks nicer than actual chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen or heard of the paint that turns any surface into a chalkboard?? That might be more practical in home decor, but I bet you could think of plenty of random things to turn into chalkboards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sarah: I have. In fact, I have some potential plans brewing involving those cheap ikea frames and that paint. :)

    ReplyDelete