9.18.2009

something blue.

How do you ladies do it? Balancing work, wedding planning, a relationship, and life in general is HARD. How do you fit in blogging time? I'm sorry I've been away, but I'm working on it.

In the mean time - on my break at work, I was flipping through the most recent issue of Brides, Southern California and I saw this dress:


source. - for a better view, go here.


It's Oscar de la Renta Spring 2010, and I love it! If you can't tell from the picture, the lace is over a blue dress. The white lace overlay makes it perfectly bridal while the blue is so unexpected and lovely. I have a few friends who have always said they don't want a typical white wedding dress, and one of my bridesmaids actually wants a blue gown for her wedding. I think this beauty is a perfect way to have a colored dress that is still unmistakably bridal. Plus, it's a new gown that has an old fashioned look to it and it's blue! Get a friend to buy it and borrow it from her, and you're all set! It's probably nowhere near affordable, but maybe this will be a step in the direction of tasteful and beautiful color in wedding gowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment