12.14.2009

Christmas Colors.

I've heard many brides say that once they get engaged and choose wedding colors, they begin to see those colors everywhere. Many end up decorating their homes in their wedding colors, and many others already have those colors everywhere since they naturally chose their already favorites. For us, our colors appear mostly around Christmas.

David proposed to me just a few days before Christmas last year, and the red and gold of my ring naturally reminded me of the season. The colors of our wedding were greatly inspired by my ring, so of course, our colors are very Christmas-y colors, too.

In fact, the less red, includes some purple burgundy with the antique, less bright gold combination that we've chosen for our wedding is my very favorite combination of colors and look for Christmas as well. I am beginning use primarily these colors for my Christmas decoration, and have a great feeling that Christmas will forever remind me of our wedding and this planning stage of our lives.

Anyway, I thought I would scatter some inspiration for how our wedding colors can be used for Christmas, and how awesome it would be to have a Christmas wedding using our colors (minus the blue and green and map part, of course).


source.

I love this inspiration board. Other than the wreaths, I can't quit put my finger on what makes this more Christmas-y than our wedding, but I think that Jim Hjelm bridesmaid dress is so lovely, and the ring is enough like mine to really show how easy it is to gather Christmas-y inspiration from it.


source.

Wouldn't these beautiful boxes double greatly as perfect favors and Christmas gifts?


source.

And these invitations would double as lovely Christmas cards.


source.

This elegant deep red and gold tablescape would also fit a fabulous holiday dinner and/or a stunning wedding reception.

Sigh. Looking at these pictures makes me wish we were having a Christmas wedding. Hosting my annual Christmas party is one of my favorite things to do, and it would be so fun to turn that tradition into the party of our lifetimes. I guess it's best, though, since I have so many other things to shop, bake, wrap, plan, and host around this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment