3.11.2010

You're Invited - the sweet suite.

I've shown you our rough draft, envelopes, and even teased a little, but now I am starting to get feedback that people have been receiving our invitations. You know what that means? I get to show them off to all of you!

Upon hearing feedback from quite a few guests, near and far, that their invitation has arrived in the mail, I raced out into the sunny morning for a little photo shoot. I probably should have waited until the sun was a bit less direct, and a got a soggy bottom from sitting in the wet grass, but I just couldn't wait. So, without further ado, here are our invitations:


The lace belly bands and monogram globe squares are one of my favorite parts of the whole lot. I love that our guests get a clear vision of us and our theme right off the bat. Thanks again to my wonderful maid of honor who designed the globe. She probably didn't realize I'd be using it everywhere, but I can't help it - I love it. She's amazing.


The direct sun really helps show off the shine of the stardream paper.


Once you slide off the belly band, the card folds open like a book to reveal the following: another use of our trusty map wrapping paper on one side and the invitation on the other, a two-sided rsvp postcard, and the information card.


Honestly, that wrapping paper (bought at a map store in Phoenix, Arizona) is probably the best wedding purchase I've made. I originally planned on using it in our centerpieces, but it's done well in all of our paper products.




I love that ampersand between our names. I give it full credit for solving the great wording debate.


This info card took the most work and stress out of the whole suite. I like how it looks with the rest of the invitation, but I really wish I could just count on people utilizing our website to gather this kind of information.




I was worried about including so much information on our rsvp cards, but I love the way they turned out. I just hope they're clear to our guests and that I get to see them coming back to me very soon.

And, there you have it. I'm in an okay place with these now that they're assembled and sent, but let me tell you - making your own invitations comes along with a whole lot of stress and drama. I'll recount some of the pain, mistakes, and craziness that came along with this project later, but for now, I'd like to stay in this happy place a little longer.

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love those! They are great!!!! I really, really like them. The colors are really pretty and they look so unique! I especially like the little picture on the band in the front. It's cute and I like how it carries throughtout! VERY, VERY nice! You should be so proud :-) Thanks for sharing! I need all the invitation inspriation I can get right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an amazing job!! I love the lace details and map.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, those are to die for gorgeous! I am about to embark on my own invite-making journey, and everyone has said it's stressful. But where else can you get such gorgeous and personal results? Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh i'm glad i'm no the only bride that has to put a lot of information on their invites AND RSVP cards! I think they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous! I wish I was that crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look phenomenal! You did a fabulous job on them. I think the RSVP cards are so great. Like you, I wish more people would have just responded via our web site where it is easier to collect all that information. But for some reason, most people like to drop a card in the mail :)

    I got our first online RSVP two days after we mailed our invites out and started receiving cards in the mail within just a day or two after that...hope you start getting some back soon - it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I love them, they're so cute! I'm so impressed with how well they turned out.

    ReplyDelete