4.14.2010

Motivate me.

I have under 40 days until the wedding and a mile-long list of things to do, but instead I sit here watching Netflix instant streaming on my computer in my new wonderful home. All I want right now is to be there at the wedding with the people we love dearly and then to be here, at home, with my new husband, enjoying normal life. I still love our wedding, I just can't bring myself to immerse myself in it like I should right now. How do I get motivated to donate the next thirty-some days to full on wedding world?

4 comments:

  1. You should be relaxing, but not to the point of procrastination. Firstly, pull out your list of remaining items. Rate them: 1, 2, or 3 - 1 being: Must do, 2 being: Should do. 3 being: Would like to do. Then, go back and read your blog or browse your inspiration photos. It will get you pumped and excited to finish the projects that lay ahead. Also, try to make your task time fun. Put on some music, have a glass of wine (if you drink), involve your fiance or ask a friend over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First and foremost, give yourself time to relax. Chances are after some really good relaxing time, you'll be recharged enough that the motivation to get things done will happen naturally. And if that's not how you work, give yourself some time to relax but have a set schedule for when you'll continue your wedding work. And I second the suggestion to make task time fun. Everything seems better with a cocktail. Or mocktail, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh - I wish I could offer some helpful advice, but I'm 5 months out with ZERO motivation right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Screw motivation. It pales in comparison to Netflix Instant Watch.

    ReplyDelete