5.21.2010

Checking in.

So, here I am, the day before my wedding. There are people sleeping on basically every space possible at my (parents') house, and we're headed out to Julian in a matter of hours. Speaking of hours - our rehearsal is in twelve... our wedding is in thirty six. Wow.


Once Wed.

I have so much to share with you all about these past few days - suffice it to say, the week I posted about did not nearly go as planned. Add to all those things I listed, countless trips to the shoe store with my mom doubting every pair of shoes they sold, my dress being held hostage by a woman who didn't know how to bustle it, but couldn't speak enough english to tell us, our rings not being ready until the last minute, the sudden acquisition of a DJ of sorts, a complete take-over of my planned-out playlists, hundreds of dollars spent in make-up, a bachelorette party trying to please very different people, and flowers that never arrived.

But don't worry, I now have the prettiest bustle that a girl could ever dream of, the rings are safe and sound, and the flowers are now officially being held for pick-up so as not to get lost all over town. I just finished printing out my vows, and I'm enjoying the peace of the morning before everyone wakes up and things get crazy again.

Oh, and I am pleased to announce that David arrived safely back in San Diego last night.

10 comments:

  1. Best wishes!! I hope that you have a fabulous day and I can't wait to read all about it!!

    Sit back and enjoy the ride!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! You've got such a great attitude right now, but then again, with the wedding so close, how could you not! Thanks for keeping us in the loop, have a FABULOUS next 36 hours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything worked out, thought I'm sure it all made your last week pretty stressful!!! Have a wonderful rehearsal, and a beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're almost there! How surreal....enjoy it, have a blissful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! So close...I remember the day before...it all speeds by so very quickly. Try to get a good night's sleep and just stop and soak it all in throughout the days. And try to take pictures - or appoint someone to!!! Have so much fun and best wishes for a wonderful wedding. Glad all the hiccups are getting sorted out...they always do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting!! Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad everything worked out! Enjoy every minute of this weekend! Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Lame. Good luck Laura! I hope the actual day of is everything you're hoping for!

    ReplyDelete