5.17.2010

Week-of madness: an overview.

So, what does the week before a woman's wedding normally look like? Well, I don't know about normal, but for me it's pretty crazy. Here's an overview of what's planned so far this week.

Saturday: At my parents' house all day finishing up the seating chart, buying sodas, wrapping attendants' gifts, and attempting to organize a massive amount of projects.

Sunday: At church at 7 am to help set-up, watched babies in the nursery during church, quick lunch, helped David with a wedding project of his own (I'll be showing it to you soon), bible study, some honeymoon packing.

Monday (today): Volunteering at an event luncheon (for pay and career experience) from 9:30 - 2:00, last meeting with our officiant from 3:00 - 5:00, final fitting and pick up my dress at 5:00, dinner with my parents and some more organizing.

Tuesday: Take David to the airport at 8 am, back to my parents' house to pack up anything that's completely ready, pick up rings (and take my mom with me so she can check David's engraving on my ring - it's a surprise).

Wednesday: Two bridesmaids will be in to help me with a full day of finalizing projects. Also, figure out time to get a manicure, pedicure, and possibly do something with my eyebrows.

Thursday: Pick up a good friend from the airport, take dear friend to the beach "because her toes need sand", get home to await flower delivery, mom picks up aunt and cousin from airport (and brings them to the beach), arrange flowers and pack them in water for trip, commission someone to pick up the groomsmen's rental shirts, Bachelorette celebrations at 4:00pm - well into the night. David gets back around 10 pm.

Friday: leave early to arrive at venue for set-up, rehearsal at 6:00 pm, and dinner at 7:00 - and so the wedding weekend begins.

It's going to fly by.

Oh, and yes, if you're wondering, my fiance is indeed flying across the country and not returning until 40 hours or so before the wedding. He was offered a work opportunity that I wouldn't let him pass up. I'm kicking myself now, but praying it all works out. (Please pray with me for non delayed flights!)

3 comments:

  1. I love that people fly into San Diego and must immediately go to the beach. I'm sure you've heard how Aunt Sue insisted on beach time in December's stormy weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking about you during this crazy, busy (but fun!) week!

    ReplyDelete