11.19.2010

Sweet, sweet potato.

I was going to share my absolute favorite Thanksgiving dish with you - with pictures and the recipe - after I made it on Thanksgiving day. But, while perusing The Pioneer Woman Cooks!, I found the same dish - Of course, she beat me to it. Anyway, since posting her recipe saves me time and gets it to you all before Thanksgiving so you all have time to try it yourselves, that's exactly what I've decided to do.

So, here I give you the best Sweet Potato dish ever. Honestly, it puts shame to that marshmallow-y thing I've seen on other tables on Thanksgiving day.


Get full recipe and more delicious photos here. Yummm.

I grew up with this dish on our Thanksgiving table for as long as I can remember, but for some terrible reason I never even tried it until a few years back. Now, I find myself opting out of a taste of the delicious pies we make just so I can have seconds of this baby. Actually, come to think of it, my mom's recipe has coconut in it (so, it's even worse for you than PW's - awesome), which is why I wouldn't eat it as a kid (I fooled myself into believing I did not like coconut. and nuts. dumb kid.) Maybe I should try Pioneer Woman's recipe this year - or I could make both and compare them. That way I can still post about mine.

Anyway, try these sweet potatoes. You'll thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment