11.21.2010

Zucchs.

My favorite, most simple food to cook up fast is zucchini - which I jokingly and endearingly call "Zucchs" (zooks). Hear me out: I had no idea how to prepare zucchini or squash of any kind until a college friend and I decided to journey through one of her cook books for our weekly dinner together. What we discovered (aside from the most amazing ice cream dish) was a super easy, super delicious recipe for zucchini as a side dish.

Basically you take 2 tablespoons butter (or oil if you're good - I normally use half of each, but the butter really makes it delicious), 2 minced cloves of garlic (if you have a garlic press, use it), and 2 sliced zucchinis. Brown the butter and garlic in a frying an for a minute and throw in the zucchini. Fry it up until it's softer and tasty. Simple, yeah?


I honestly got addicted to zucchini after making this for the first time. It's simple and really nothing special, but I love it. You can also play around and add ingredients. In the photo above, I sprinkled the zucchini with some lemon pepper seasoning, and I often add soy sauce to eat it over rice. Yum.

Also, I promise this isn't becoming solely a food blog - I guess I just have food on my mind with Thanksgiving around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. Yuuuum, I love zucchini, and butter, and garlic. Sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw the picture I knew exactly what you made. Yumm...I need to make it again right now!

    ReplyDelete