5.10.2011

Chalkboards revisited.

I re-pinned both of these images on Pinterest this morning


They're completely different in design and function, but they're both chalkboards. Beautiful chalkboards. They reminded me of my love of chalkboards in design and the fact that I have this guy sitting around from the wedding still:


Sorry, that's the best photo I could find of him - see him hiding among all the other wedding stuff?

Anyway, I was always planning on re-selling my wedding chalkboard to make up for some of the cost, but it's been a year now and I still have it - In fact, I think it's still in the trunk of my car from driving it home from the wedding. My chalkboard is an a-frame stand with a board on both sides (more like the first photo), but I'm wondering if I could take on a little DIY power and attach it to the wall (like the second photo) - it really would be nice to have a menu board, or perhaps a calendar, like that one.

I guess I'll play around with it and see what I can do. I hope you're all having a fantastic week!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you admitted to still having it in your trunk. haha. My husband makes fun of me for having things in my trunk for years - like it's my extra storage space.

    Please tell me you kept the storage trunks in that photo! I can imagine them stacked as a side table or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stephanie: haha yeah, my trunk is a mess. But hey, with so little storage in the house, it comes in handy. And yes, I kept all the suitcases (another thing I was supposed to re-sell... oh well) - the brown one is currently purely decor, the blue cosmetic case is on my nightstand and truly does hold my cosmetics, the wooden white one is on our dresser as hidden storage and gives my jewelry stand some height, and the green and blue samsonite ones are stacked one in front of the other under the hutch (and they're storing my gift wrap currently). I'm planning on doing a post soon about how I've turned decor pieces into hidden storage.

    ReplyDelete